Quantum Design Careers
Interested in a career opportunity at Quantum Design? Our corporate offices are located in San Diego, CA, where we have a variety of career opportunities in different departments such as: Accounting, Customer Service, Documentation, Engineering, Human Resources, IT, Manufacturing, Marketing, Quality Control and Sales.
At Quantum Design, we want to create an environment that offers challenging and rewarding opportunities to our employees. We believe our employees drive the success of our company, and that belief created our Core Values:
Build a desirable workplace for all our employees.
Develop high quality instruments based on innovative technology.
Satisfy every customer to the best of our ability.
Run the company with clarity and courage.
Reports to: Software Supervisor
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
- BS EE/CS degree (MS EE/CS degree preferred).
- At least 10 years of engineering and product development experience.
- At least 5 years of experience designing systems that use FPGAs. Using Xilinx is a plus.
- Strong familiarity with BHDL and FPGA design tools.
- At least 3 years of real-time embedded firmware development.
- Self starter who can work in multidisciplinary teams and enjoys complex projects.
The following skills and experience would be considered a plus:
- Experience with image processing.
- Strong circuit design and analysis skills.
- Physics degree or relevant experience.
- Scientific instrument experience.
- High level object-oriented programming languages, especially C++, C#, VB.Net.
- Strong sense of best practices in software architecture, object oriented design, refactoring and unit testing.
Final Test Engineer
Quantum Design's products are unique and utilize a large variety of advanced technologies, such as superconducting magnets and cryogenics. Our products are configured per customer requirements and undergo an extensive test cycle to meet the highest quality standards. The test cycle typically lasts about 1 month.
Quantum Design is a very dynamic and stimulating workplace. We are looking for an entry-level Test Engineer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Setup, test and calibrate products in the final configuration prior to delivery to customer.
- Follow established protocols, with focus on accuracy, quality and safety.
- Ensure product specifications are met according to defined pass/fail criteria.
- Initiate troubleshooting process and work with supervisor and/or engineers to resolve test cycle problems.
- Refill cryogens for continuous operation.
- Maintain test fixtures and standards.
- Improve on existing test protocol and test cycle time.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform those duties.
- Bachelor of Science Degree or higher. Physics degree a plus.
- Experience with electronic instrumentation.
- Basic computer skills in Word and Excel.
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Quality-minded and detail-oriented.
- Dedicated to meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
How to Apply
Click the "Apply Now" button under each job opportunity listing and attach your resume to the email.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Quantum Design is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions, policies and practices are in accordance with applicable federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws. Quantum Design will not tolerate or engage in unlawful discrimination including any form of unlawful harassment, on account of a person's sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, sexual preference or orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military status, veteran status, handicap, disability, or membership in any protected group.