Quantum Design Careers
Interested in a career opportunity at Quantum Design? Our corporate offices are located in San Diego, CA, where we have a variety of career opportunities in different departments such as: Accounting, Customer Service, Documentation, Engineering, Human Resources, IT, Manufacturing, Marketing, Quality Control and Sales.
At Quantum Design, we want to create an environment that offers challenging and rewarding opportunities to our employees. We believe our employees drive the success of our company, and that belief created our Core Values:
Build a desirable workplace for all our employees.
Develop high quality instruments based on innovative technology.
Satisfy every customer to the best of our ability.
Run the company with clarity and courage.
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for developing, supporting and enhancing mechanical designs for a new line of cryogenic instrumentation systems. This will require the Mechanical Engineer to work closely with the Chief Mechanical Engineer and interface with other departments such as System Engineering, Production Test, and Product QA to analyze and resolve problems to ensure a successful transition of new products into the market place. Assigned projects are diverse and complex in nature requiring initiative and judgment in determining appropriate solutions. The position offers a wealth of challenges/opportunities working with sensors and actuators, cryogenic materials, advanced analytic software, and complicated mechanical devices.
- MS in Physics or Mechanical Engineering.
- Extensive experience in product prototypes and fixtures design.
- Experience in product development and design for manufacturability in a fast-paced highly technical business environment. Hands-on experience with product prototype fabrication and evaluation techniques.
- Extensive experience with producing detailed engineering drawings using SolidWorks, AutoCAD or equivalent.
- Exemplary troubleshooting skills at both the mechanical component and system level. Practical knowledge and experience implementing cryogenic system designs, including: cryostats, cryogenic vessels, mechanical actuators and components.
- Strong quantitative understanding of fundamental physical and thermal phenomena as it applies to engineering materials and components. Working knowledge of stress and strain theory as it applies to cryogenic instrumentation.
- Experience with coordinated interdisciplinary outsourcing activities. Ability to conduct vendor qualification and monitoring aimed at improving manufacturing quality and efficiency.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work well in a team towards common goals.
- BS EE/CS degree (MS EE/CS degree preferred).
- At least 10 years of engineering and product development experience.
- At least 5 years of experience designing systems that use FPGAs. Using Xilinx is a plus.
- Strong familiarity with BHDL and FPGA design tools.
- At least 3 years of real-time embedded firmware development.
- Self-starter who can work in multidisciplinary teams and enjoys complex projects.
The following skills and experience would be considered a plus:
- Experience with image processing.
- Strong circuit design and analysis skills.
- Physics degree or relevant experience.
- Scientific instrument experience.
- High level object-oriented programming languages, especially C++, C#, VB.Net.
- Strong sense of best practices in software architecture, object oriented design, refactoring and unit testing.
How to Apply
Click the "Apply Now" button under each job opportunity listing and attach your resume to the email.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Quantum Design is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions, policies and practices are in accordance with applicable federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws. Quantum Design will not tolerate or engage in unlawful discrimination including any form of unlawful harassment, on account of a person's sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, sexual preference or orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military status, veteran status, handicap, disability, or membership in any protected group.