The Quantum Design IR Image Furnace
Crystallized material in 2-mirror furnace
Crystallized material in 4-mirror furnace
The high-performance, compact IR Image Furnace from Quantum Design offers unsurpassed performance in a convenient, stand-alone design. Rivaling much larger and more costly IR furnaces, it uses the Floating Zone (FZ) method to promote single crystal growth from a polycrystalline rod. This method has been shown to be extremely effective for a wide class of materials. Now, more easily than ever before, you have the ability to synthesize superior quality single crystal specimens in your own laboratory. This furnace is available in both 2- and 4-mirror versions.
Benefits of Quantum Design IR Image Furnaces:
- Unsurpassed Performance in a Convenient, Stand-Alone Design
- 2100° Celsius Temperature in Floating Zone Region
- Excellent IR Power Stability
- No External Cooling Requirements
- Efficient 2-Mirror and 4-Mirror Designs Available!
Quantum Design IR Image Furnaces are Capable of Growing:
- High Temperature Superconductors
- Dielectrics and Magnetic Materials
- Metal Compounds
- Optical Crystals
- Precious Stones